Clinical & Other Direct Services

WIC Program

Due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, we are currently providing WIC services by phone. No office visits are required at this time.

WIC is a federal program that provides specific nutritious foods along with nutrition and breastfeeding education at no cost. More than 7,000 individuals participate in WIC in Northern Kentucky.

WIC services are available at the Health Department’s county health centers and at certain off-site locations.

Similac Formula Recall

If you have recalled Similac formula, you have several choices:

  1. Return your recalled formula (opened and unopened) cans to the store where you purchased it to exchange it for a similar formula size, type or form.
  2. Return your formula (opened and unopened) cans to Similac (Abbott Nutritionals).  You may contact Similac at 1-800-986-8540 or
  3. WIC participants may return your formula (opened and unopened) cans to your WIC Clinic for replacement WIC benefits. The WIC office may be able to change your food package to concentrated or RTF Similac products for one month, or non-contract formula, like Enfamil or Good Start, or can issue one month of a larger size Similac product, with options for different brands. Please see the chart link. Changes for Alimentum and Elecare will require a medical necessity form from the doctor.


Download a PDF of the formula options here.



To be eligible for WIC, you must:

  • Be a pregnant, breastfeeding or postpartum woman; OR an infant/children up to 5 years old
  • Have a household income at or below 185 percent of the poverty level
  • Meet income guidelines OR have a Kentucky medical card, receive Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program (K-TAP) benefits or food stamps (SNAP), or have a pregnant woman or infant in the family who receives Medicaid or K-TAP
  • Be a resident of Kentucky

Income guidelines updated: May 1, 2022 (income guidelines for larger family sizes can be viewed here)

Family Size 1 2 3 4
Weekly $484 $652 $820 $988
Bi-Weekly $967 $1,303 $1,639 $1,975
Twice monthly $1,048 $1,412 $1,776 $2,140
Monthly $2,096 $2,823 $3,551 $4,279
Annual $25,142 $33,874 $42,606 $51,338

Applying for WIC

You can set up an appointment to apply for WIC through a county health center.

Make sure you bring the following items to your appointment:

  • Proof of household income, such as pay stubs, W-2 forms or current medical card
  • Proof of residence, such as current bill with your address, bank statement, lease agreement, mortgage agreement or current medical card
  • Proof of identity, such as a driver’s license, birth certificate, social security card, shot record or current medical card

What you will receive

Foods you or your children may receive through the WIC program include:

  • Milk, cheese and yogurt
  • Vitamin C-rich juices
  • Iron-rich cereals
  • Eggs
  • Dried beans or peanut butter
  • A baby may receive infant formula, infant meats, fruits, and vegetables and infant cereal
  • Fresh fruits and vegetables
  • Whole grains (bread, rice, pasta or tortillas)

View the food brochure

Program integrity

Selling or trading WIC formula, foods of e-WIC cards is program violation that could result in criminal charges and/or disqualification from receiving future benefits.

WIC breastfeeding peer counseling program

Breastfeeding peer counselors can assist mothers enrolled in WIC  who plan to breastfeed. The peer counselors are all moms who have breastfed successfully and have participated in WIC. Peer counselors provide support anytime a new mother needs it. For more information, please contact Nancy Merk or call 859-363-2113.

Mobile app

WICShopperappKentucky WIC families can use the free WICShopper mobile app to view your benefits and determine if foods are WIC eligible.

Non-discrimination statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Download the PDF here.

Declaración de no discriminación

De acuerdo con la ley federal de derechos civiles y las normas y políticas de derechos civiles del Departamento de Agricultura de los Estados Unidos (USDA), esta entidad está prohibida de discriminar por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo (incluyendo identidad de género y orientación sexual), discapacidad, edad, o represalia o retorsión por actividades previas de derechos civiles.

La información sobre el programa puede estar disponible en otros idiomas que no sean el inglés. Las personas con discapacidades que requieren medios alternos de comunicación para obtener la información del programa (por ejemplo, Braille, letra grande, cinta de audio, lenguaje de señas americano (ASL), etc.) deben comunicarse con la agencia local o estatal responsable de administrar el programa o con el Centro TARGET del USDA al (202) 720-2600 (voz y TTY) o comuníquese con el USDA a través del Servicio Federal de Retransmisión al (800) 877-8339.

Para presentar una queja por discriminación en el programa, el reclamante debe llenar un formulario AD-3027, formulario de queja por discriminación en el programa del USDA, el cual puede obtenerse en línea en: OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, de cualquier oficina de USDA, llamando al (866) 632-9992, o escribiendo una carta dirigida a USDA. La carta debe contener el nombre del demandante, la dirección, el número de teléfono y una descripción escrita de la acción discriminatoria alegada con suficiente detalle para informar al Subsecretario de Derechos Civiles (ASCR) sobre la naturaleza y fecha de una presunta violación de derechos civiles. El formulario AD-3027 completado o la carta debe presentarse a USDA por:

(1)  correo:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or

  • fax:
    (833) 256-1665 o (202) 690-7442; o

Esta entidad es un proveedor que brinda igualdad de oportunidades.

Descarga el PDF aquí.



Need help? If you have difficulty understanding or reading English or have a disability, free language assistance or other aids and services are available upon request.

Notice,Aviso, Mitteilung, ThôngBáo, အသိပေးချက်, တၢ်ဘိးဘၣ်သ့ၣ်ညါ,  通知, Obavijest