Public Health Accreditation
In February 2013, the Health Department was one of the first in the nation to be accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board. On March 21, 2019, NKY Health became one of the first health departments in the nation to achieve reaccreditation.
Accreditation means that the Northern Kentucky Health Department has met national standards for high-quality public health services, leadership and accountability. Accreditation lasts for a period of five years; when initial accreditation expires, health departments must apply for and achieve reaccreditation in order to maintain accreditation status.
Accredited health departments must demonstrate that they assure the delivery of the 10 Essential Public Health Services.
Benefits of Accreditation
- Shows that the Health Department is providing the quality of services the public wants and needs.
- Provides a framework for setting priorities.
- Provides valuable, measurable feedback on their strengths and areas for improvement
- Public Health Accreditation Board
- List of accredited health departments
- Contact the Health Department’s accreditation coordinator or call 859-341-4264.