Population Health Services
What Is LiveWell NKY?
LiveWell NKY is a movement of community-wide initiatives designed to improve the health of Northern Kentucky residents through changes in policy, systems and environments.
The mission of LiveWell NKY is to encourage communities to work together to build and support healthy environments, systems and behaviors to help make Northern Kentucky the healthiest region in the country!
LiveWell NKY provides a common framework, necessary support and inspiration for all of us to join together in a movement towards better health.
For more information or to find out what LiveWell is doing in your neighborhood, please follow us on Facebook.
LiveWell NKY – https://www.facebook.com/
LiveWell Florence – https://www.facebook.com/
LiveWell Fort Mitchell – https://www.facebook.com/
LiveWell Ludlow – https://www.facebook.com/
LiveWell Newport – https://www.facebook.com/
LiveWell Florence’s healthy initiatives have included increasing access to physical activity opportunities, increase the availability of healthy eating and creating smoke-free environments.
- Establishing smoke-free policies for businesses in Florence, Ky.
- Offering monthly produce distribution with partnerships with Foodbank, Master Provisions, Florence Christian Church and other community partners
- Promoting walking paths throughout the city of Florence
- Collaborating with local restaurants to highlight healthy food options and promoting smoke-free dining
LiveWell Florence Walking Paths
Walking is one of the best things you can do for your body, mind and spirit. In addition, it is easy! Walking for as few as 30 minutes a day provides heart health benefits. In fact, walking is the single most effective form of exercise to achieve heart health. Plus, studies show that for every hour of walking, life expectancy may increase by two hours.
- Walking is the simplest way to start and continue a fitness journey.
- Walking costs nothing.
- Walking has the lowest dropout rate of any type of exercise.
- Walking is easy and safe.
There are three walking paths in Florence to enjoy. They are the Orleans, the Route 18/42 Connector and Woodspoint.
Orleans Walking Path (1.25.Miles)
Location: Orleans Park on St. Louis Boulevard
Directions: Take U.S. 42 to Orleans Boulevard, Turn right at stop sign onto Longbranch Road, Turn right onto St. Louis Boulevard.
Download the map HERE.
Route 18/42 Connector Walking Path (2.75 Miles)
Location: Route 18 (Burlington Pike) and US 42
Download the map HERE.
Woodspoint Walking Path (2.25 Miles)
Location: Woodspoint Drive
Download the map HERE.
LiveWell Ft. Mitchell
LiveWell Ft. Mitchell’s healthy initiatives have been on increasing physical activity opportunities and increasing access to healthy eating.
- Maintains community garden at the Ft. Mitchell City Building
- Collaborates with local yoga instructors to offer classes on a regular basis
- Provides monthly produce pop-ups with partnerships with Free Store Foodbank
LiveWell Ludlow’s healthy initiatives have been primarily focused on increasing access to healthy eating but recently started to work with community members to increase access to physical activity opportunities.
- Maintains community garden at Ludlow Community Center
LiveWell Newport’s initiatives to this point have been on increasing access to physical activity opportunities and supporting efforts that encourage healthy eating.
Examples of past and current initiatives to help increase access to physical activity opportunities include:
- Annual health and wellness expo at Buena Vista Park
- Free exercise classes in the park
- Promotion of physical activity at various community events
- Provided assistance to ReNewport on the installation of the outdoor gym at Buena Vista
- Promotion of community walking routes
- Community Safety Walks (walk audits) – planned for 2021
- Piloting YMCA Silver Sneakers virtual program in senior living facilities – in progress
Examples of past and current efforts to support healthy eating:
- Conducted a Community Food Survey to identify healthy eating behaviors, as well as strengths and barriers to obtaining healthy foods.
- Providing healthy cooking demos and recipes at the Newport Farmer’s Market and other community events
- Connecting with local food pantries to identify any needs they may have that LiveWell Newport could assist with
LiveWell Newport most recently officially became the health, wellness and safety leg of ReNewport, a citizen-led, 501 (c) 3 organization, that worked to create a “Quality of Life Plan” for the city of Newport. LiveWell Newport will continue to work on initiatives to move this plan forward to help further improve the health of Newport residents!