The Health Department regularly inspects youth operating in Boone, Campbell, Grant and Kenton Counties. Inspections are typically done once per year.
Inspectors look for a number of violations, including:
- Are mattresses and bedding clean, in good repair and liners changed as required?
- Are there adequate facilities present with water provided for hand washing and showers at proper temperatures?
- Are recreational water activities under certified supervision?
- Are pests and vermin kept under control?
- Are authorized first aid personnel on duty?
- Are safety hazards prevented?
For more information on youth camp inspections, please call 859-341-4151.