The Health Department regularly inspects all septic trucks and septic disposal sites operating in Boone, Campbell, Grant and Kenton Counties. Inspections are typically done once per year.
Inspectors look for a number of violations, including:
- Is the septic company properly bonded?
- Are vehicle identifications and licenses properly displayed?
- Are tank inlet/outlets watertight and fitted with caps?
- Are approved disposal sites being used?
- Is nitrogen uptake maintained at approved disposal sites?
- Are the list of vehicles, disposal method and number of gallons maintained?
- Are warning signs adequate and properly posted?
For more information on septic truck and/or septic disposal site inspections, please call 859-341-4151.