The Health Department works with Northern Kentucky communities when disasters or weather-related conditions pose a threat to the population. Due to continued heavy rains that have caused flooding in the City of Covington and surrounding areas, the Northern Kentucky Health Department is working with the City of Covington to inform residents on how to remain safe and avoid illness during flood clean-up. Individuals with specific concerns about an injury or illness should contact their medical provider. Individuals exposed to flood water who have not been vaccinated for hepatitis A can seek vaccination through their medical provider, pharmacist or health department clinic for those that qualify.
Printed copies of the infographic below will be available to pick up in various locations throughout the city of Covington and other affected areas. A complete list of these locations is below the infographic.
Infographic Available at the Following Locations:
Please revisit this page often for an updated list of available locations.
- Covington City Hall, 20 W. Pike Street, Covington
- Kenton County Library, 502 Scott Blvd, Covington
- Bill’s Food Market, 1847 Holman Street, Covington
- Woodburn Market, 1601 Woodburn Ave, Covington
- Yabi’s Corner, 1255 Parkway Ave, Covington
- Liquor City Uncorked, 501 Crescent Ave, Covington
- Finke’s Market, 1502 Amsterdam, Ft. Wright
- Ludlow Senior Center, 800 Elm Street, Ludlow
- Ludlow Municipal Center, 51 Elm Street, Ludlow
If you have experienced weather-related sanitary sewer backups in your home or business, you may qualify for the Sanitation District No. 1’s (SD1) Backup Assistance Program. For more information, or to find out if you qualify, visit http://www.sd1.org/seweremergency, call (859) 578-7450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
During periods with flooding in Northern Kentucky, the Health Department will work with local food operators to make sure that food safety standards are being maintained. To report flooding at a food establishment to the Health Department, please call 859-341-4151.