Updated April 19, 2018
- Total number of diagnosed cases of HIV: 51
- Number of cases in which injection drug use was reported as a risk factor for exposure: 26
- Number of HIV tests conducted by NKY Health in 2018 to date: 404
- Number of HIV tests conducted by NKY Health in 2017: 1,369
- Number of people linked to HIV Case Management services that were diagnosed with HIV after January 2017 and indicated that injection drug use was a risk factor for their HIV infection: 15
- Communicable disease investigation underway–including in-depth interviews with those infected and genetic testing of blood samples to determine if those infected in Northern Kentucky have the same strain.
- Working with those who are infected with HIV to ensure that they have access to appropriate care, both for infectious diseases and addictions treatment.
- Expanded opportunities for testing for HIV and hepatitis C, with targeted outreach to test individuals who inject drugs.
- Continuing to advocate for syringe access exchange programs to reduce the threat of diseases spread by injection drugs.