This general guidance is intended as a tool to assist Northern Kentucky schools and local businesses when they have a COVID-19 case within their facility. These measures are based on the Kentucky Department for Public Health criteria to help protect students, faculty and workers once a COVID-19 has been confirmed within your establishment.
What To Do When You Have A COVID-19 Case
Updated 12/8/2020. General expectations if a student or employee is laboratory-confirmed with COVID-19.
View/download the PDF here.
Decision Tree and Contact Tracing for COVID-19
Updated 12/9/2020. Outlines decisions for individuals who are symptomatic and the steps for contact tracing.
View/download the PDF here.
Close Contact COVID-19 Exposure Information
UPDATED 12/8/2020. This letter should be provided to an identified close contact to an individual who is positive for COVID-19.
View/download the PDF documents below.
Patient Home Isolation Directions for COVID-19
UPDATED 12/10/2020. These instructions apply to individuals who have received a positive COVID-19 test result, are waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test, or have been told by their health care provider that they have COVID-19.
View/Download the PDF documents below.
Case Investigation and Contact Tracing Information
View the slides from presentations with school personnel on September 24 and October 2, 2020, that describes the case investigation, contact tracing process and reporting.
View/Download the presentation here.
UPDATED 12/11/2020. This general guidance is intended as a tool to assist local businesses, industry groups and trade associations with their planning efforts to prepare for reopening/restarting. These prevention measures are based on the Kentucky Department for Public Health criteria on the Governor’s Healthy at Work on-line portal to help protect workers and customers from COVID-19 transmission in your business.
The PDF is available for download here.
COVID-19 Guidance for Exclusion in the Child Care Setting
Download the pdf file here.
Additional Resources and Signage
Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
- To view Kentucky’s Healthy At Work Guidelines including additional signage, please visit https://govstatus.egov.com/ky-healthy-at-work
- To view Kentucky’s Healthy At School Guidelines, please visit https://govstatus.egov.com/ky-healthy-at-school
- To view the Kentucky Department of Education COVID-19 information page please visit https://education.ky.
- For more information on school and youth sports, visit https://khsaa.org/
- For more information on the Department for Public Health Guidance and statewide data, visit https://govstatus.egov.
- For Centers for Disease Control and Prevention information, visit https://www.cdc.gov/