COVID-19 Booster Doses
The CDC now recommends that people aged 65 years and older, residents in long-term care settings, and people aged 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions should receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 Vaccine at least 6 months after completing their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series. Other groups may receive a booster shot based on their individual risk and benefit. Read CDC’s media statement. Additional information is available on the CDC’s website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html.
NKY Health’s Vaccine Clinics/Available Appointments
Appointments are recommended, but walk-ins are accepted. If you have questions about an appointment scheduled at one of the NKY Health vaccine clinics, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Boone County Health Center 7505 Burlington Pike, Florence, KY 41042. Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 4 pm. Call the Boone County Health Center at 859-363-2060 to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins welcome.
- Campbell County Health Center 1098 Monmouth St., Newport, KY 41071. Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 4 pm. Call the Campbell County Health Center at 859-431-1704 to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins welcome.
- Grant County Health Center 234 Barnes Road, Williamstown, KY 41097. Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 4 pm. Call the Grant County Health Center at 859-824-5074 to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins welcome.
- Kenton County Health Center 2002 Madison Ave., Covington, KY 41014. Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 4 pm. Call the Kenton County Health Center at 859-431-3345 to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins welcome.
Northern Kentucky Vaccine Providers
If you have questions or need to cancel, confirm or reschedule an appointment with any of the vaccine providers listed on this page, please contact the provider directly. NKY Health cannot confirm, schedule, cancel or change appointments with other providers and we are unable to answer questions on their behalf.
- Blanks Pharmacy Site Scheduling
- Ethos Labs – The COVID-19 Vaccines currently available at Ethos Labs in Newport, Ky are from Pfizer BioNTech and Johnson & Johnson/Janssen.
- Grant County Drugs, Dry Ridge Christian Church, 13 School Street, Dry Ridge, Ky. Call to Schedule: (859) 824-1000. Please follow them here for future appointment availability
- HealthPoint Family Care Site Scheduling (now vaccinating people age 12 and older)
- Kroger Site Scheduling
- Walgreens Site Scheduling: You will need to create a Walgreens account to view available appointments
- Walmart Site Scheduling
- Total Care Pharmacy, 700 Violet Road, Crittenden, Ky. Call to Schedule: (859) 428-0900
- Total Care Pharmacy, 40 Broadway Street, Dry Ridge, Ky. Call to Schedule: (859) 823-0200
- Wildhealth Vaccine Scheduling (now vaccinating people age 12 and older)
COVID-19 Vaccines for People Aged 12 – 17:
NKY Health is now providing COVID-19 vaccines to children age 12+. Please contact the NKY Health Center in your county to schedule an appointment. To view a list of NKY Health Centers with contact information, please visit https://nkyhealth.org/contact-us/locations/county-health-centers/.
St. Elizabeth COVID-19 Vaccinations:
Beginning June 1, 2021, St. Elizabeth will transition COVID vaccine appointments from its dedicated St. Elizabeth Training and Education Center (SETEC) vaccine clinic to St. Elizabeth Physicians (SEP) primary care locations. Throughout the first two weeks of June, COVID vaccinations will become available at select SEP practices with all primary care locations online by mid-June.
Initially, the Moderna vaccine will be the only vaccine administered at the SEP primary care practices. When seeing their provider, patients will have the option to receive their vaccine at their appointment. Appointments for the second dose will be made before leaving the office.
For more information, please visit the St. Elizabeth COVID-19 Vaccine website.
COVID Vaccine Finder
Scheduling an Appointment
Northern Kentuckians aged 12 and above are eligible for a vaccine.
The only vaccine approved for use in individuals under 18 is Pfizer.
Please make sure you have read and understood all of the following information before scheduling an appointment:
- You must wear a mask at your appointment and remain socially distanced from others.
- If you are positive for COVID-19, you may be vaccinated after you are considered recovered and out of isolation/quarantine. We encourage you to talk to your healthcare provider about when you should receive the vaccine.
- After you receive a vaccination, you must continue to follow regulations and guidance issued by the state and/or the CDC.
- Some partners will bill insurance for an administrative fee.
Dr. Saddler and Dr. Tolbert Discuss Vaccines
Frequently Asked Questions
- COVID-19 Vaccine- Frequently Asked Questions
- Kentucky Vaccination Plan- Frequently Asked Questions
- Ky Dept. for Public Health Vaccine webpage – https://govstatus.egov.com/
Facts about COVID-19 – https://www.cdc.gov/
COVID-19 Vaccine Safety – https://www.cdc.gov/
- What to expect after getting vaccinated – https://www.cdc.gov/
Information on Moderna vaccine – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/Moderna.html
Information on Pfizer vaccine – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/Pfizer-BioNTech.html
- Information on the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/janssen.html
General COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- How CDC Is Making COVID-19 Vaccine Recommendations
- V-Safe Information
- Vaccine Safety Monitoring
- COVID-19 Vaccine Manufacturer Information
- CDC information regarding the COVID-19 vaccination can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/
For up-to-date information on Kentucky’s COVID-19 vaccination efforts, please visit https://govstatus.egov.com/ky-covid-vaccine