Beginning July 1, NKY Health County Health Centers will begin seeing the public for the following services by appointment only:
• Women’s health services
• Birth control
• Limited testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases
• Testing for HIV and hepatitis C
• Cancer screenings
• Nutrition counseling
• Immunizations for children and adults
• WIC (Women, Infants and Children), a free nutrition supplement program
• Breastfeeding support
• Naloxone overdose prevention kits
To schedule an appointment, please contact your county health center.
Health Department nurses can provide home visits to pregnant women, newly delivered mothers and infants.
The following topics can be covered through a home visit:
- Pregnancy-related issues
- Labor and delivery
- Post-partum issues, including signs of illness and post-partum depression
- Well-baby care, including immunizations
- Safe sleep
- Ways to prevent abusive head trauma
- Family planning
Home visiting nurses can also make referrals to additional services, either through the county health centers or partner agencies.
For more information or to schedule a home visit, please call 859-363-2045.