The Department of Employee Insurance (DEI) has announced that Open Enrollment for Kentucky Employee’s Health Plan (KEHP) for 2021 is scheduled to begin on 10/12/2020 and ends at midnight on 10/28/2020.
KEHP benefits include:
- Group Health
- Group Dental
- Group Vision
- Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care FSA
- Waiver Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
WHAT IF I’M HAPPY WITH MY INSURANCE THE WAY IT IS?
If you’d like to keep all of your KEHP benefits the way they are as of 12/31/2020, you do not have to do anything. They will carry over into 2021 and NKY Health will change the payroll deductions as needed to match the new premium rates.
Be aware that premiums have increased and the deductibles and/or co-payments have changed for some of the plans. DEI says the changes are very slight.
WHAT AM I ALLOWED TO CHANGE?
The following are the types of changes you can make:
- Elect a different plan level
- Add or drop covered dependents (spouse and/or children)
- Stop or start contributing to an FSA
- Change the amount you are contributing to an FSA
- Waive or stop waiving Group Health Insurance coverage
HOW DO I CHANGE MY BENEFITS?
If you’d like to make a change, you must follow these steps during Open Enrollment:
- Log in to the Kentucky Human Resources Information System (KHRIS) (https://khris.ky.gov/irj/portal).*
- Select your benefits.
- Print a confirmation form showing ALL plans and levels of coverage including Health, Dental, Vision, HRA and/or FSA.
- Scan ALL pages of the confirmation form into one .PDF file to your e-mail.
- Forward the e-mail to me. (Sorry, but paper copies will be rejected.)
*Exception: those who are cross-referencing with a KRS retiree or insuring disabled dependents over age 26 or court-ordered dependent who are not their own will need to complete a paper application and then scan all pages of the completed form to HR using the same method described above. Any other exceptions must be arranged with HR in advance.
WHAT IF I WANT TO WAIT UNTIL LATER?
That’s risky. Unless you have a Qualifying Event, the only way to change your KEHP elections after Open Enrollment ends is to file a grievance with DEI. DEI has notified employers that very few grievances will be granted, so please choose carefully. If you have a Qualifying Event (which some people refer to as a “major life change”) then you may be able to make changes after Open Enrollment.
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT’S DIFFERENT FOR 2021?
- DEI may be sending mail to your home address on behalf of KEHP. Be sure to open and read it.
- The HR Site for Employees (https://sites.google.com/a/nkyhealth.org/hr4employees/) will be updated to contain the latest information as it becomes available.
- HR will e-mail you a few reminders but we’ll try to keep the e-mails to a minimum so we don’t crowd your inbox.
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT I HAVE NOW?
If you want to know what plan and coverage level you currently have, you can find out by logging into ADP’s WFN and clicking Myself > Benefits > Enrollments.
WHO CAN HELP ME?
Due to COVID-19, DEI is offering webinars instead of face-to-face benefit fairs. Feel free to register for one of these but be aware that they fill up fast.
Karen Domaschko can answer questions about the process for making changes and scanning those changes to HR.
Otherwise, feel free to contact:
- Anthem with specific questions about health and dental benefits (including deductibles as well as what is and what isn’t covered).
- CVS Caremark with specific questions about prescription benefits.
- StayWell with specific questions about wellness and your LivingWell promise.
- HealthEquity/WageWorks with specific questions about HRA and FSA.
- Technical Assistance for issues concerning logging into and using KHRIS.
You will find contact information (mostly links and phone numbers) for all of these on the HR Site for Employees at: https://sites.google.com/a/nkyhealth.org/hr4employees/benefits/forms
WHAT IF I WANT TO CHANGE MY OTHER INSURANCE?
Group Life Insurance may be changed anytime subject to underwriting. It is through Minnesota Life, NOT through DEI and not part of KEHP and is not a benefit to be elected using KHRIS.
Voluntary benefits (Deferred Comp and Colonial Insurance) may be started, stopped, or changed anytime (subject to underwriting and IRS guidelines.)
You will find contact information (mostly links and phone numbers) for these too on the HR Site for Employees at: https://sites.google.com/a/nkyhealth.org/hr4employees/benefits/forms
By: Karen Domaschko, PHR, SHRM-CP, Human Resources Administrator