What do blistery cold days, the threat of ice and snow, and required annual training have in common? They are all things that NKY Health employees are faced with every winter. Although winter weather doesn’t often provide us with a lot of flexibility, the activities associated with annual training can be flexible. With your supervisor’s permission (in advance), and the right equipment, you can complete these activities offsite whenever NKY Health is closed due to inclement weather conditions. This is a helpful and convenient alternative to using paid, or unpaid, leave during unforeseen closures. On the other hand, if the rest of the winter remains as mild as it is right now, you can also complete the activities at work during your regularly scheduled work hours (with your supervisor’s permission, of course). There is only one “catch” – all employees must complete the activities on or before Sunday, March 15, 2020 (NO EXCEPTIONS).
Where can I find the training?
As of December 1, 2019, all of the required activities have been uploaded to ADP’s Workforce Now (WFN). Simply log onto ADP, and click on “Resources” then “Company Policies” to get to the list.
How do I complete an activity?
- Click on the name of the activity
- After you have read the entire activity, scroll to the bottom.
- Click the acknowledgement box.
- Click “Yes” if asked to confirm your acknowledgement.
How can I double-check my activities to make sure they are complete?
Look for the checkmarks under “Acknowledged” and “Viewed,” and a date under “Acknowledge Date” next to each activity. If these are here, the activity is complete; if any of these are missing, the activity is incomplete.
Is there anything else I should know?
- There is no need to print anything and no paper needs to be sent to HR. You are welcome to print paper copies for your own records. Your electronic acknowledgement is the same as your signature.
- Some of the modules require you to log into TRAIN. You will find instructions for logging in to TRAIN on the “Training and Development” page of the HR Site for Employees at https://sites.
- If you have difficulty using the TRAIN site or need help logging in, please contact the TRAIN site support for assistance.
- Some of the items require you to view videos. Your supervisor will arrange for you to view the Workplace Violence video. You can access the other videos by clicking on the “Other NKY Health Videos” link from the “Training and Development” page of the HR Site for Employees at https://sites.google.com/a/
nkyhealth.org/hr4employees/ training. All but one of them are also on the “Shared With Me” section of your Google Drive.
- Due to a glitch in Google, you may need to log in to your Gmail as “orientation.welcome@
nkyhealth.org” and use the password “welcome2me” instead of using your own login and password to view the videos.
- If you are struggling with using the technology, consult with your supervisor. S/He may be able to help you or may choose to schedule some time with HR to help both of you. Please allow ample time for us to get you some help so you can complete the activities by the deadline.
- If you’ve already started your training and have experienced issues (i.e. missing checkboxes to confirm activities are completed and/or browser/path-related quirks), a patch has been uploaded to fix the issues that were occurring.
- HR will communicate via email if there is any new information, so keep an eye on your inbox.
- Although it may be tempting to hurry up and complete all the activities right away, it may be a good idea to leave a few in case we have late snow. Just make sure you don’t wait too long to complete them. March 15 will be here before you know it, and everything must be completed by then (NO EXCEPTIONS).
Happy New Year!
By: Karen Domaschko, PHR,
SHRM-CP, Human Resources Administrator