Starting this month, the Northern Kentucky Health Department’s county health centers are adjusting their hours to provide more flexible appointment times to clients. The changes include:
- Appointments as early as 7:45 a.m. Monday-Friday mornings
- Appointments during the lunch hour, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., when centers had previously been closed
- Evening appointments from 5 to 7 p.m. one Tuesday per month at health centers in Boone, Campbell and Kenton Counties
- Early closure from 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. on two Fridays per month at all health centers, a time when demand for appointments is lower
“We continue to adjust our services based on feedback from our clients, and we’ve found that the traditional 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. schedule does not meet the needs of many of our clients who are working,” said Jennifer Hunter, RN, MSN, Director of Clinical Services. “The appointments early in the morning, during the lunch time and in the evenings offer more flexibility for our clients, many of whom may not have access to paid sick/vacation leave.”
Clients needing services can also utilize same-day scheduling, allowing them to call for an appointment on the day they wish to be seen.
“Same-day appointments have been popular with our clients, and we hope the flexible times will be as well. Our overall goal is to increase access to our clinical services to all community members of Northern Kentucky,” said Hunter.
The Health Department has health centers in each of the counties that it serves—Boone, Campbell, Grant and Kenton, seeing more than 15,000 unduplicated clients per year. Services offered at the health centers include the WIC (Women, Infants and Children) program, immunizations, family planning, pregnancy testing, HIV testing, sexually transmitted disease screening and treatment, and women’s cancer screening. Locations are as follows:
- Boone County Health Center, 7505 Burlington Pike, Florence, Ky., 859.363.2060
- Campbell County Health Center, 1098 Monmouth St., Newport, Ky., 859.431.1404
- Grant County Health Center, 234 Barnes Road, Williamstown, Ky., 859.824.5074
- Kenton County Health Center, 2002 Madison Ave., Covington, Ky. 859.431.3345
For more information, please click here.