COVID-19 Vaccine Boosters
For the latest numbers on COVID-19 testing and cases in Kentucky, please visit https://govstatus.egov.com/kycovid19. Information is updated weekly on Friday mornings.
Second boosters are now available at all NKY Health County Health Centers for those who qualify. To schedule an appointment, please contact one of our health centers. Contact information for each health center can be found HERE.
Scheduling an Appointment
Northern Kentuckians aged 5 and above are eligible for a vaccine.
The only vaccine approved for use in individuals under 18 is Pfizer.
Please make sure you have read and understood all of the following information before scheduling an appointment:
- You must wear a mask at your appointment and remain socially distanced from others.
- If you are positive for COVID-19, you may be vaccinated after you are considered recovered and out of isolation/quarantine. We encourage you to talk to your healthcare provider about when you should receive the vaccine.
- After you receive a vaccination, you must continue to follow regulations and guidance issued by the state and/or the CDC.
- Some partners will bill insurance for an administrative fee.
NKY Health’s Vaccine Clinics/Available Appointments
If you have questions about an appointment scheduled at one of the NKY Health vaccine clinics, please email us at email@example.com. To schedule an appointment, please contact your county’s health center.
- Boone County Health Center 7505 Burlington Pike, Florence, KY 41042. Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 4 pm. Call the Boone County Health Center at 859-363-2060 to schedule an appointment.
- Campbell County Health Center 1098 Monmouth St., Newport, KY 41071. Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 4 pm. Call the Campbell County Health Center at 859-431-1704 to schedule an appointment.
- Grant County Health Center 234 Barnes Road, Williamstown, KY 41097. Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 4 pm. Call the Grant County Health Center at 859-824-5074 to schedule an appointment.
- Kenton County Health Center 2002 Madison Ave., Covington, KY 41014. Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 4 pm. Call the Kenton County Health Center at 859-431-3345 to schedule an appointment.
Additional Vaccine Providers
If you have questions or need to cancel, confirm or reschedule an appointment with any of the vaccine providers listed on this page, please contact the provider directly. NKY Health cannot confirm, schedule, cancel or change appointments with other providers and we are unable to answer questions on their behalf.
- Blanks Pharmacy Site Scheduling
- CVS (now vaccinating people age 5 and older)
- Ethos Labs (now vaccinating people age 5 and older) – The COVID-19 vaccines are currently available at Ethos Labs in Newport, Ky are from Pfizer BioNTech and Johnson & Johnson/Janssen. Additional vaccine locations are listed on the Ethos Labs’ website, https://www.ethos-labs.com/vaccinations/. If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please contact Ethos directly by calling 877-496-2570, emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grant County Drugs, Dry Ridge Christian Church, 13 School Street, Dry Ridge, Ky. Call to Schedule: (859) 824-1000. Please follow them here for future appointment availability
- HealthPoint Family Care (now vaccinating people age 5 and older) Call to Schedule: (859) 655 – 6100
- Kroger Site Scheduling (now vaccinating people age 5 and older)
- Walgreens Site Scheduling (now vaccinating people age 5 and older)
- Walmart Site Scheduling (now vaccinating people age 5 and older)
- Total Care Pharmacy, 700 Violet Road, Crittenden, Ky. Call to Schedule: (859) 428-0900
- Total Care Pharmacy, 40 Broadway Street, Dry Ridge, Ky. Call to Schedule: (859) 823-0200
- Wildhealth Vaccine Scheduling (now vaccinating people age 5 and older)
St. Elizabeth COVID-19 Vaccinations:
COVID-19 vaccine appointments are available at St. Elizabeth Physicians (SEP) primary care locations in Kentucky and Indiana.
The Moderna (18 years and older), Pfizer (12 years and older), and Pfizer pediatric vaccine (5 to 11 years old) are now available at SEP primary care practices, pediatric or family medicine offices. Patients can also receive a COVID-19 vaccine during their regularly scheduled appointments. Appointments for a subsequent dose will be made before leaving the office or can be scheduled via MyChart.
For more information, please visit the St. Elizabeth COVID-19 Vaccine website.
COVID Vaccine Finder
NOTE: THE CDC RECOMMENDS INDIVIDUALS TO RECEIVE AN mRNA COVID-19 VACCINE (PFIZER/MODERNA).
Everyone age 12 and above are now eligible to receive a booster shot (Pfizer-BioNTech/Cormirnaty is the only vaccine/booster approved for use in individuals under age 18). Booster shots are recommended to be administered 5 months after receiving a second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty or the Moderna vaccine, and 2 months after receiving the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine. The CDC endorsed updated recommendations made by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) for the prevention of COVID-19, expressing a clinical preference for individuals to receive an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine over Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine.
Eligible individuals aged 18 and older may choose which vaccine they receive as a booster dose. Some people may have a preference for the vaccine type that they originally received and others, may prefer to get a different booster. CDC’s recommendations now allow for this type of mix and match dosing for booster shots. Eligible individuals aged 12 – 17 are approved to get the Pfizer booster.
PDF available here.
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html